viernes, 27 de julio de 2018

A special place: The Ñielol Hill


Temuco has its own natural treasure. A kind of metropolitan Park who not everyone knows. It is located in the north of the city, crossing an avenue, with a half-hidden access. The Ñielol hill is the biggest hill in the city (there are others, but they aren´t a natural reserve) and the most beautiful.
I remember I had no idea where it was located, until when I was in high school and I went to explore with my friends.  Since that day, I climb the hill in many special times with friends and my girlfriend.
The climbing is hard. You can walk by a central path and lose yourself in many parts of the way. This is the interesting part. In that moment, the Selva Valdiviana shows its entire splendor. An infinite forest of giant coigues, climbing plants and colihues. All in green. Like no other place. In some locations, there are evidence of the mapuche’s history. The most important I think, is a group of chemamull near of the top. This giants and anthropomorphic totems remember the day where the Chilean and mapuche people agree to found the city of Temuco in 1881.
The Ñielol Hill had many balconies to rest, child games, a little museum and a restaurant at the top. But how I said, the best form of know it is losing on it.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Drawing anything

On this blog/video I am going to talk to you about an activity that I love to do when I have some free time and it is drawing the first thi...